Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Watch out! Scan N Cut Canvas treats broken line as solid line

Half an hour ago I just found out another shocking fact about Scan N Cut Canvas..

I am using Inkscape to make a cut file for a gift box. I want some line to be broken lines so I select those lines then choose "broken line" in the stroke properties. I opened the final svg in Internet Explorer afterwards to make sure everything looks as normal as what I saw in Inkscape. 

Here comes the surprise. After uploading the svg file to Scan N Cut canvas, I found that it doesn't know stroke properties. In another word, even if your svg file has broken line and you see it standing there, Scan N Cut still considers it as a solid straight line. 

In the end I am doing it the "backward" way. Space out short little lines so that scan N Cut could convert it to fcm file. 

It is indeed a blow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's your turn! What d'ya think? Your feedback is highly appreciated! :D